Monday, October 19, 2009

T Minus 7 Days!

Well, it's down to one week before flying out. This time next week, I'll hopefully be on an American C17 Globemaster, excited as anything! 

I thought I'd post the link to a post I did on last years blog about why I'm heading to Antarctica. The link is here.

Our work programme is largely the same as last year- we'll be undertaking the following tasks:

  • Tide Gauge Calibrations at Scott Base and Cape Roberts
  • Ground Control for new 1:50,000 topo mapping in the Darwin Glacier region
  • Deformation monitoring of Scott and Shackleton's historic huts

This year, we'll also be:

  • Supporting a French project to undertake gravity observations on Ross Island and at Cape Roberts
  • Undertaking a topo survey and horizon profile at NZ's Arrival Heights Laboratory.

But yeah, check out my old blog for lots of photos and content from last year: http://dc-onice.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment