Wednesday, October 28, 2009

First Couple of Days

Hi all,

Sorry, I'm not going to be writing much this season- i'm going to be getting amongst it, and making the most of being here rather than spending a couple of hours a night writing a blog like last year! I will try and keep some photos coming though.

We flew south yesterday- a 5 hour flight on a C17- left CHCH at 9 (after getting picked up at 6), so arrived at 2. Had a safety briefing, and got settled in.

Today, I had an Antarctic Field Training refresher, and Rachelle (who's here with me from LINZ) has her full training. This means she's out in the field this evening, which should be interesting if the forecast storm comes through! I'm glad I'm inside this evening!

I also went for a wander up Crater Hill this afternoon (as I heard some the bad weather was coming), so I've thrown in some photos of that.

It's great to be back- this is such an addictive place!


No comments:

Post a Comment