Saturday, November 7, 2009

Quick Update

Hi All,
Just thought I'd post a few photos, as I'm pretty busy, and struggling to find time to write stuff.

It's been a pretty busy week- a few issues with our programme which I've been trying to sort out, but we seem to be getting towards resolutions on them, so thats good. Will write a bit more later on (I'm off to a science lecture at McMurdo this evening, so can't be late).

The first few photos are from us testing the configuration of our GPS receivers, to make sure they're recording the information we want. There's quite a few, but I like them, so tough, haha.

Then there's a few of our setup on the sea-ice for our tide-gauge calibration. We only had to dig down about 20cm this year to hit the ice, as opposed to just over a metre last year- thats a lot less digging.

The final photo is from an evening ski with a couple of scientists here- Simon and Jess. I've been out for a couple of ski's with them now- good times.

So yeah, I'm really trying to fill my time in while I'm here- burning the candle at both ends a bit, but thats ok..

Off to Cape Royds tomorrow to do our work at Shackletons hut, which should be awesome!

Enjoy the photos.








No comments:

Post a Comment